Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Staff Accountant performs bank reconciliation,
bookkeeping and billing functions. Provides administrative and
reporting support to Business Office employees.Additional Details:
3 years experience creating purchase orders Expert at excel What
you bring to the table:Education:
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or related area
- Two (2) year experience in the field
- Experience in a healthcare or hospital environment is a
- Familiar with a variety of the accounting and business support
concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Knowledge of applicable software used by the facility & ability
to work with other necessary software typically used by the
- None requiredWhat you will do:
- Reconciles the client trust fund account, clearing account,
petty cash accounts, gift shop account and the welfare trust
- Ensures that supporting schedules such as outstanding checks,
deposits, and other activities, that roll up to a summary report
are accurate and reliable.
- Reviews individual client trust fund account balances to ensure
they are reconciled accurately and on a monthly basis. Reconciles
problems by researching discrepancies and making appropriate
- Runs monthly reports on a timely basis, reviews for accuracy,
and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews individual monthly cash logs to ensure they are
accurate and proper supporting documentation is available for all
cash transactions. Distributes report to Business Manager for
review. Distributes monthly bank reconciliations to corporate
accounting office once approved.
- Identified quarterly interest payment on client trust fund
account and distributes equally to individual account holders
- Prepares monthly cafeteria and gift shop sales and sends
reports to corporate accounting office on the day following the
close of the month. Follows up with the Sales Tax Department for
the monthly sales tax report (3) days after the close of the
- Reconciles individual cash reports to monthly cash collection
by payer report and bank reconciliation cash schedules.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies. Prepares cash schedule
by source of cash receipts such as Medicare, Medicaid, third party,
- Reviews all insurance claims and reprices amount due to service
providers based on Medicaid reimbursement rates. Demonstrates a
good understanding of hospital Medicare reimbursement policies and
Medicaid CPT codes and rates.
- Bills Medicare for laboratory services provided by the hospital
monthly or on a timely basis using the DDE system as required by
DCF. Strictly complies with Medicare and DCF guidelines on Medicare
billing. Resolves technical issues or any issues with DCF as soon
- Maintains and updates the Medicare Part B receivable
- Assists in the billing of Third Party Receivables and in the
updating of patients status in the FM 125 system.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget. Prepares
schedules and budget packages for the departments. Reviews
departmental budget reports to ensure accuracy.
- Picks up cafeteria cash from the ticket machine twice a week
and takes cash to Payroll Clerk for counting and preparation of
receipt and deposit slip.
- Deposits cash collections to the bank.
- Assists in the maintenance of all patients files in the
Business Office. Files all correspondence in an organized
- Assists in the annual audit of both external and internal
- Provides back-up support for Forest Park cash window.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!