Representative - Business Office: MPG - Neurosurgery
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated
with registering patient for outpatient services.
* Communicates with referring physician's office, clinical
department(s), and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange
necessary information and determine schedule.
* Verifies insurance benefits and obtains
pre-certification/authorization as necessary. Determines and
accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or
refers to financial counselors for follow up.
* Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical
information is obtained and entered in the registration system with
timeliness and accuracy.
* Activates of My Chart Accounts where appropriate. Ensures
Telehealth connectivity for scheduled appointments and trouble
shoots as needed.
* Process medical record requests.
* Work through incoming departmental referral work queues
* Ensure daily patient appointment reminder calls are complete.
Appointment no-Shows are contacted and patients are rescheduled
following practice guidelines. Accurately document telephone
* Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient
Experience is met.
* Meet with patient or patient's caregiver to discuss appointment
instructions, and discuss patient's concerns.
* Follow-up on reported issues and assist with service
* Daily review and monitoring of physician / practice schedules
keeping no-show rates low to ensure patient access.
* Checks Incoming Referral work ques daily and contacts patients to
schedule requested appointment.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and
productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* INSURANCE VERIFICATION: Verifies and enters insurance information
and authorization/referral requirements.
* PATIENT ACCESS: Performs assigned duties related to the admission
* ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality
and/or quantity standards.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
* Other information:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Proficient in basic computer skills and customer service experience
* Keyboard Entry 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Standing 60.00%
* Walking 60.00%
* Audible Speech 60.00%
* Hearing Acuity 60.00%
* Depth Perception 60.00%
* Distinguish Color 60.00%
* Seeing - Far 60.00%
* Seeing - Near 60.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
* Computer Monitor 60.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Representative - Business Office: MPG - Neurosurgery, Administration, Clerical , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!