Assistant Teacher (PT)
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionSalary: $15 / hourly
- At a minimum, must hold a National Child Development Associate
(CDA) or another early childhood credential that meets or exceeds
the requirements of the National CDA and is recognized by
regulatory agencies in at least five states.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain and maintain
WestCares vehicle insurance is required.
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, and an annual
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a degree
in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or a related field
- An associate's degree with at least 6 college credit hours in
early childhood education/child development is required.
- A National Early Childhood credential or an active School-Age
Child Care credential may be substituted for formal educational
- Maintains a safe play environment
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Observes and monitor children's play activities.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as
eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Assist in keeping records on individual children, including
daily observations and information about activities, and meals
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily
activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to
control behavior, such as caring for their own clothing and picking
up toys and books.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking
attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas.
- Support children's emotional and social development,
encouraging understanding of others and positive
- participate in recreational activities and outings, such as
games and field trips.Position Summary:The Assistant Teacher will
assist in the day-to-day activities to prepare children, infants to
5 years, for elementary school by developing their vocabulary,
social skills, and behavior.
What is WestCare?WestCare, a family of tax-exempt nonprofit
organizations, provides a wide spectrum of health and human
services in both residential and outpatient environments. Our
services include substance abuse and addiction treatment, homeless
and runaway shelters, domestic violence treatment and prevention,
and mental health programs.
Who We AreSince 1973, WestCare has provided health and human
services with a commitment to delivering high-quality and
cost-effective services that empower people to transform their
lives.THE MISSION.We are resolutely dedicated to the populations we
serve, as well as our employees, and actively promote the wellness
and empowerment of individuals, their families, and their
communities.Our MissionWestCare empowers everyone with whom we come
into contact with to engage in a process of healing, growth, and
change benefiting themselves, their families, co-workers, and
communities.Where Do We Serve?Proudly serving sixteen states, three
U.S. territories, the Dominican Republic and the Republic of
PalauWhat Do We Do?We're a family of nonprofit organizations that
provide a wide range of health and human services to improve the
lives of those in our communities. Our service domains
include:Mental Health & WellnessTreatment & RehabilitationCriminal
JusticeVeteran ServicesHousing OpportunitiesEducation &
PreventionDomestic ViolenceEmergency Support
Keywords: Westcare, Pembroke Pines , Assistant Teacher (PT), Education / Teaching , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!