Yellow Iron Mechanic
Company: Waste Management
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranThank you for your interest
inWaste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting
our reviewprocess through creative solutions. Your patience and
flexibility isappreciated as our process may involve virtual
solutions and take longer thannormal. Interview process and timing
may be delayed and will vary by site.--Waste Management (WM), a
Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste
and environmental services in North America. We are strongly
committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism
and financial strength.-- WM serves nearly 25 million customers in
residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets
throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.I. Job SummaryPerforms
complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and
repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).II.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily.-- Other minor duties may be assigned.--
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants,
water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.III. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory duties.IV.
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to perform the job.A. Education and
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel
maintenance experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record.C.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical.----New Employee Training
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)RCRA / HAZWOPER Training
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices-- (per department) (SDP's)Refresher
Training As Required By Law
- ForkliftMedical Exam
- Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit
- Physical at TerminationPPE
- Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face
- Full face supplied air in some areas
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite:-- Liquid - yellow Tyvek with
sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white Tyvek
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or
Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work
(when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof Boots - Chemical
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes - Steel ToeV. Work EnvironmentListed below are key points
regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.Normal
setting for this job is: Recycle Center/Landfill/outdoor.BenefitsAt
Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability.-- As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!-- Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.-- Please note that
benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."--
Keywords: Waste Management, Pembroke Pines , Yellow Iron Mechanic, Engineering , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!