MySQL Database Engineer
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 6, 2022
We're unique. - You should be, too. We're changing lives every
day. - For both our patients and our team members. Are you
innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and
ambition off the charts? - Do you inspire others with your kindness
and joy? We're different than most primary care providers. We're
rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team. The
MySQL Database Engineer will be responsible for analyzing business
requests and developing/programming stored procedures, complex
report structures, and performing database design using various
database tools, within SQL Server and MySQL. Emphasis will be
placed on defining the database migration process from the
development system all the way to production as well as maintaining
a secure and accurate data environment, and ensuring proper access
to Reporting Services. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active in all phases of system development; planning and
analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Provides architectural/database technical expertise to team
concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during
design and development phases.
- Maintains application performance and scalability; focus on
performance tuning SQL queries, table design, indexing, query plan
analysis and SQL refactoring.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and operational
procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Investigates and fixes defects; pre and post-release.
- Worked with DDL/DML auditing (3rd party or native tools).
- Implements and maintains at rest or in-transit database
encryption methodologies based of HIPAA requirements/needs.
- Prepares and deploys complex schema updates, data migration and
- Follows and contributes to team standards and utilizes industry
- Works closely with the DBA to help ensure the proper health of
the database system. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least three years experience in MySQL (Hard
- Good experience in Linux. (Hard Requirement)
- Experience with AWS RDS (Hard Requirement)
- Bonus: Experience with MS SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, to include
listening, verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under
time pressure and handle multiple projects at a time. -
- Problem resolution experience requires strong analytical
skills, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with client
and other technical staff. EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information System, Computer
Science or Engineering, OR additional experience above the minimum
will be considered in lieu of the required education on a
year-for-year basis required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of designing databases using
- High Availability, Integration Services, Reporting Services,
Analysis Services, Service Broker Other responsibilities may
- Helps develop new database code, and improve existing database
- Automates operational / maintenance tasks.
- Identifies useful and new database features; discusses with the
existing database team and implements them.
- Assists Engineers on efficient use of database technologies and
- Takes code ownership of areas like loading data from external
systems through SSIS, Procedural Logic, and understanding of core
- Modularizes database features.
- Assists in performance tuning and make optimization suggestions
to the team.
- Takes part in code reviews and offers up solutions to problems,
with reasoning to back up the proposed solution.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. - Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
care. - ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the
people we hire. - With great compensation, comprehensive benefits,
career development and advancement opportunities and so much more,
our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to
grow. - Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every
Keywords: ChenMed, Pembroke Pines , MySQL Database Engineer, Engineering , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!