Compactor Repair Technician
Company: Waste Management
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 18, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.
With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest
trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and
leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural
Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states,
the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best
drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled.
Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued
front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management
number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay,
great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night
and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
The Driver Container safely operates a heavy-duty crane mounted
truck and is responsible for loading, and transporting material
containers to/from customer locations. Drivers will navigate
driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate
in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backing maneuvers
are essential, to successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment
and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and
meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Completes site evaluations to ensure locations are conductive
for safe and proper servicing.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property
in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced,
and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One (1) year(s) of relevant work experience
operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving
within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Commercial Driver&39;s License (CDL) with an
air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen
and DOT physical.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane
operation. (Some states may require certification.)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
__ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
__ pounds. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/
GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Pembroke Pines , Compactor Repair Technician, Engineering , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!