Structural Design Engineer
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Salary: $80k - 125k per year + Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
annual bonus, 401kReference: DC091223 StructureAbout Us:We are a
leading organization in the industry, specializing in providing
structural designs for pre-engineered metal buildings. Our
technical team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a skilled
Structural Design Engineer to join our team. The successful
candidate will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality
designs, offering engineering guidance to our team, and
contributing to the development of technical design policies and
initiatives. This role directly influences productivity,
efficiency, lead times, costs, team development, and client
satisfaction. We are seeking an individual with strong technical
capabilities and excellent communication skills.Company Culture:We
firmly believe that exceptional service begins with taking care of
our team members. Our team is our most valuable asset, and we are
committed to their continuous development and recognizing their
contributions to our success. We place a strong emphasis on
collaboration, with a team that is resourceful, innovative, and
highly competent, boasting extensive experience in the field. Our
culture is characterized by flexibility, work-life balance,
empowerment, unity, and a commitment to creative thinking. This is
the "our way."Responsibilities:
- Generate clear, accurate, and code-compliant structural designs
and notes for pre-engineered metal buildings.
- Develop project designs that result in cost-effective building
systems that meet project requirements and adhere to company
procedures and standards.
- Manage schedules and priorities, adapting to changes and
additions as needed.
- Apply value engineering principles to achieve cost-effective
- Review and update original designs in response to modifications
- Maintain open communication with team members to swiftly
address problems and needs.
- Continuously improve productivity, accuracy, and engineering
- Stay updated on AISC and AISI material specifications, ASCE 7,
IBC, and MBMA codes.
- Employ sound engineering judgment without excessive
conservatism, interpreting codes sensibly and using exemptions
- Collaborate with the Technical Operations Manager to develop
production design standards.
- Provide certifications with seal and signature on permit or
construction documents when working in states where you hold a
professional engineering license.
- Be willing to obtain professional licenses in states where you
are not yet licensed.
- Demonstrate flexibility in finding creative solutions to
- Review the work of team members and provide training and
mentorship when necessary.
- Ensure the technical accuracy of the team's work.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of design
- Research building code changes and lead efforts to adjust our
design approach accordingly.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in metal building design or a
- Proficiency with MBS design software.
- Ability to analyze high complexity projects outside of
- Extensive design experience with medium and high complexity
- In-depth knowledge of current building code requirements.
- Fluent understanding of seismic design for metal buildings and
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and product
- Proficient in reading and interpreting architectural and
- Capable of managing multiple overlapping projects.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills, even in a
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptable.
- Collaborative team player with excellent problem-solving and
critical thinking abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex
(including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military
status, genetic information, or any other status protected by
applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies)
is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and
realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Pembroke Pines , Structural Design Engineer, Engineering , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!