Food Services Manager
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Food Services Manager
ensures the efficient and effective operations for food
preparation, service, and distribution activities. Manages the
overall direction for all food service activities and ensures that
all operations comply with contractual obligations and
organizational standards and guidelines. Implements improvements to
consistently achieve departmental results including staffing,
budget, and operational objectives. Ensures that all
residents/patients receive well-rounded and adequate nutritional
food. May also provide staff with adequate meals to supplement
their meals while working at the facility. Responsible for ensuring
food is safe, work areas meet expectations of local health
department, and the environment is clean and
- High school diploma or equivalent required Bachelor degree in
Culinary, Business Administration, or related area strongly
- Minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience in food
service production in hospital, corrections, military, commercial
or institutional setting Licenses/Certifications:
- Certified Dietary Manager registration is required
- Must have and maintain a sanitation and food handler's
certificate (Serv Safe Certification)Responsibilities
- Achieves and maintains the food services provided according to
the guidelines established for the facility.
- Oversees food quality assurance and controls in food production
by following the HACCP guidelines for sanitation and safe food
handling as outlined by the local Health Department. Reviews,
completes and submits corrective action to all quarterly Health
Department inspections and results to contract compliance officer.
Interacts with Health Dept. Inspector and ensures dietary
department meets all requirements. Follows up when needed.
- Purchases and oversees all food, supplies, and chemicals as
required within budgeted guidelines. Oversees all in house
functions needing room set up and food services.
- Develops and monitors patient menu including special
- Supervise, train, mentor and evaluate all Food Service staff.
Prepare staff schedules to provide effective coverage; assign job
duties/cross train to efficiently meet daily work production
- Oversees all dietary and food staff in-services.
- Works with the Infection Control Consultant to ensure facility
compliance with blood borne pathogens and other standards.
- Performs weekly and monthly food/supply inventories per
- Maintains records for inventories, quality control, quality
assurance, sanitation checklist, temperature charts and other
records necessary for department operation.
- Compiles monthly surveys and reports results. Reports are
tracked monthly and results are disseminated and improvements are
made from findings.
- Ensures all operations adhere to TJC standards, if applicable.
Reviews plan with Director of Security and Facilities Manager.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Food Services Manager, Executive , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!