Marina Assistant Manager- Flamingo
Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
GREAT PEOPLE - GREAT BENEFITS - JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Marina Assistant Manager- Flamingo
Flamingo Adventures, located within The Everglades National Park,
is now hiring a Marina Assistant Manager for seasonal openings!
We operate 2 large campgrounds, Eco Tents, and a full-service
Marina. We have a new Lodge and Restaurant to opening soon that
will add even more jobs in Food & Beverage and Lodging.
We have RV sites with full hookups for $20 per week and dorm style
housing for $40 per week. Sorry, space is very limited. You must
work here and be available for full-time hours to live on
Pay: $21.00/hour. Year round team members will also be eligible for
benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and
Flamingo Adventures is offering a season end bonus of $750 for
those employees that complete their agreement. Please inquire for
more details about the bonus program.
We offer FREE RENT in the summer months! You must work here and be
available for full-time hours to live on property.
Our team members enjoy free and/or discounted bicycle, kayak, and
boat rentals, food discounts, and free boat tours.
Popular onsite activities include kayaking, canoeing, boating,
fishing, hiking, bike riding, and camping. We are also located
within a reasonable driving distance from the Florida Keys, Fort
Lauderdale, and Miami beaches and nightlife!
The Marina Assistant Manager supports the General Manager in all
aspects of the center's daily operations and administrative
management, including direct supervision of all non-exempt and
marina professional staff. The Marina Assistant Manager also serves
as Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled to cover in the absence of
the General Manager and promotes the Marina, thereby increasing
Center profitability while ensuring that its customers have a
* Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the
overall management of the unit's operations. Plan and manage daily
operations, including performing opening and/or closing management
and MOD procedures when assigned.
* Supervise and schedule staff; train new employees; delegate
assignments and monitor staff performance. Initiate or recommend
disciplinary action when appropriate. Recruit and interview
candidates for employment. Perform all new hire procedures,
including required paperwork and PeopleSoft entries, and all weekly
* Oversee front desk operations and maximize efficient and
service-oriented staff performance. Serve as a role model for
employees by providing and promoting exceptional service.
* Serve as the point of contact for customer issues; respond to
customer inquiries, resolve customer complaints, and communicate
issues to the General Manager. Represent the company in a
professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance
the company's image when interacting with clients, guests,
associates, and vendors.
* Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe
conditions or equipment to the manager. Ensure the cleanliness and
safety of facilities, equipment, grounds, and courts and verify
their good working order. Notify the General Manager of all unusual
events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
Complete comprehensive incident reports when necessary and train
the employees on how to collect relevant information.
* Verify payments of invoices and billing accurately and resolve
discrepancies when appropriate. Make change orders weekly; pay
petty cash invoices weekly; monitor sales, resolve discrepancies,
and review / prepare daily sales report, WOR, and end-of-the-month
sales reports and operating statements. Assist in managing P&L
statement and annual budgeting process.
* Oversee stock and visual merchandising displays; take and assist
in controlling inventory. Review all plans and merchandising
enhancements with the General Manager.
* Promote the Center through various marketing plans and
promotions; develop and implement new client new program ideas to
bring in new revenue and recruit new clients.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately
to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* First aid and CPR certification.
* Ability to swim.
* 1-3 years of experience management experience. Boating and/or
marine related experience.
* Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel,
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of
people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple
priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to
problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps
* Withstanding temperature extremes and inclement outdoor
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
* Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
* Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers,
scanners, among others).
* Marina and dock maintenance equipment.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Pembroke Pines , Marina Assistant Manager- Flamingo, Executive , Ochopee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!