Certified Surgical Tech FT Days Altamonte
Company: Adventist Health System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 17, 2021
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Certified Surgical Technician - AdventHealth - Altamonte - FT
601 E. Altamonte Dr
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Altamonte
* Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs,
our facility is consistently named 'Best Hospital' for overall
quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
* As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system,
Altamonte has been providing state of the art health care to the
community since 1973
* The 398 bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year.
We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary
leadership and world class resources
* Immediate Benefits
* $5000 Sign On for eligible applicants
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Monday-Friday days. 6:45am-3:15pm plus
weeknight and weekend call. 8 hour shifts
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse
assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of
technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the
surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical
patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of
care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all.
What You Will Need:
* Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and
Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency
Testing (NCCT). Completion of a RN training program will be
accepted in place of certification.
* BLS Certification
* If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a
Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional Surgical Technician
certification not required.
* Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
* Knowledge of surgical instrumentation
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of Keep Me
Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
* Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of
the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs
throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and
medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
* Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the
facilitation of cost savings and containment.
* In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and
appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary
personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and
support as needed to members of the surgical team.
* Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical
environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation,
training, and the education of new personnel.
* Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in
emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which
may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and
reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures
adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and
* Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and
performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all
infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic
technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective
action for breaks in technique.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Pembroke Pines , Certified Surgical Tech FT Days Altamonte, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!