Internal Medicine Physician needed for an outpatient Clinic in Pembroke Pines, Florida
Company: Cano Health
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Internal Medicine opening in Pembroke Pines, Florida. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Cano Health is a rapidly growing operator of healthcare centers
specializing in Senior Care and Primary Care for all ages. We are a
vibrant company culture founded on the pillars of family, wellness,
and service; operating in Florida, Texas, Nevada and Puerto Rico.
As the organization continues to grow, it will be important to
retain the best of the company's entrepreneurial culture and
combine it with an awareness of the operational rigor needed in a
more distributed, complex healthcare environment. Be part of a
diverse team of talented professionals, united in their vision of
achievement and professional growth that makes Cano Health the
nation's leading health care services provider.
At Cano Health we are working to be the most patient-centric
company in the industry. To get there, we are currently looking for
a physician who will provide health care for individuals in the
Clinic commensurate with training and in accordance with the
general policies and standards of practice, as established by the
clinic. Delivers care appropriate for center with a multicultural
patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts
complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis and orders
appropriate laboratory tests and referrals, etc., as well as
counsels patient and family on health and disease.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Physician reports directly to our Medical Director and are
primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality medical
care to our patients.
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family
practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift.
Supervise and direct the center's other clinical staff (Medical
Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Collect biological specimens and process them in the laboratory
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately
completed in a timely manner; and adhere to all clinical policies
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties
not provided at the urgent care center.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty,
to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the
performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a
diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Maintain high standard of medical practice and participate in
the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in medical education of both the patients and clinic
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health
care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or
specialty care and discharge patients.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in
attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with
respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and
- Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription,
consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the
clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which
might affect patient's health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which
are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinic's medical
support staff, regarding the administering of a patient's
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse
practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts,
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the
Chief Medical Officer.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Cano Health, Pembroke Pines , Internal Medicine Physician needed for an outpatient Clinic in Pembroke Pines, Florida, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!