Radiography Technologist, Staff Relief - Days, MHP: Diagnostic Radiology
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable
scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and
mission of the organization.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates
patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure
patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or
medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition
continually and reports/responds to changes in status as
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure
factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and
performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes
images and identifies issues with the quality of images. Takes
appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including
repositioning patient and repeating procedure if clinically
- Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedure and
utilizes appropriate exam codes.
- Takes on call shift responsibilities as required by the
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- RADIATION PROTECTION: Provides appropriate radiation protection
for self and others during all imaging and therapeutic
- PATIENT POSITIONING AND PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures
on all anatomical areas of the body.
- IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate
imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care
prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical
condition, age and diversity.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality
and/or quantity standards.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
- ADMINISTRATION OF CONTRAST MEDIA: Prepares and administers
contrast media and monitors patient.
- Accredited Program
- ARRT - American Registry of Radiology Tech
- BLS Certification
- Certified Radiologic Technologist
Education equivalent experience:
- Recent graduates of an approved Radiography program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
- Must possess an active Radiography Certificate from the State
of Florida and must take the ARRT(R) examination.
- Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 60.00%
- Kneeling ; ; ; 40.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ;
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ;
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ;
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ;
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ;
- Reaching ; ; ; 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 20.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 20.00%
- Sitting ; ; ; 40.00%
- Squatting ; ; ; 40.00%
- Standing ; ; ; 60.00%
- Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
- Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
- Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
- Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 20.00%
- Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
- Computer Monitor ; ; ; 60.00%
- Fire Risk ; ; ; 20.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
- Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 20.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
- Radiation ; ; ; 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 20.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in
1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical
expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be
added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
- Emergency Care
- Hernia Repair
- Medical Detoxification
- Stroke Treatment
- Wound Care
- 24/7 Care Center
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top
Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received
the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the
American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Radiography Technologist, Staff Relief - Days, MHP: Diagnostic Radiology, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!