Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Psychology Intern gains
experience in many different clinical roles that psychologists play
in a hospital setting and may perform any of the specific duties
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology
at an accredited universityExperience:
- Skilled in organization, supervision, and state of the art
treatment interventions Licenses/Certifications:
- None requiredResponsibilities
- Consultation Reporting: Evaluates the mental status and briefly
assesses patients at the request of the unit psychiatrists
following a fairly traditional medical model. These experiences
help interns to develop greater skill in assessing, diagnosing, and
making treatment recommendations while strengthening their skills
in consulting to other professionals.
- Group Treatment: Participates in group psychotherapy and
psychoeducational or skills training groups including Dialectical
Behavioral Therapy, Dual Diagnosis, Anger Management, Sexual
Education, Smoking Cessation, Relapse Prevention, Cognitive-
Behavioral Group for Depression, and Competency Restoration groups.
May develop addition groups based on the on the intern's
- Individual Treatment: Conducts individual psychotherapy as is
needed, particularly as individuals move toward discharge.
Individual interventions may include crisis management,
cognitive-behavioral interventions, supportive psychotherapy, and
- Specialized Behavioral Plans: Develops specialized behavioral
plans to help the patient attain their goals by application of
- Psychological Assessment: Conducts psychological assessments
including personality, intelligence, cognitive screening,
competence to proceed to trial, and forensic risk assessments.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in activities that
monitor and improve the quality of patient outcomes and services
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an
individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing
care and treatment. Demonstrates cultural competency in all aspects
of duties performed. This should be particularly evident in
interactions with and treatment of patient.
- Attends and successfully completes competency training on an
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent
with/sensitive to the age and life span development needs of each
patient. Demonstrates age specific competency in all aspects of
duties performed. This should be particularly evident in
interactions with and treatment of patients. Attends and
successfully completes competency training on an annual basis.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Psychology Intern, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!