Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Dentist provides dental assessments and dental
care of patients and supervises the Dental Assistant.What you bring
to the table:Education for Dentist:
- Graduated from an accredited school of dental
medicineExperience for Dentist:
- One (1) or more years experience in general dentistry
preferredLicenses/Certifications for Dentist:
- Current licensure as a Dentist within the State
- Current CPR CertificationWhat you will do:
- Documents treatment. Provides direct supervision of Dental
Assistant. Routine cleaning, drilling, filling, extractions, root
canals, impressions, prosthetic and replacement of teeth. Repair of
teeth (crowns, bridges). Cuttage, gingivectomy I&D of
infections, local nerve blocks, dental referrals, consultations to
psychiatric staff, provides education about dental diagnoses and
treatment as well as oral hygiene to patients and their
- Supervises dental services received by the patient, supervision
of appropriate staff in the dental clinic.
- Participates in performance improvement activities. MSO,
hospital wide committees and Task Forces. Collaborates and
communicates with staff in other disciplines in an effective and
professional manner. Participation in Peer review, Quality
Improvement, and in the development of policies and
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, and knowledge of
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance
in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Our investment in you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Dentist, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!