Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the
admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients. Our Staff
Psychiatrist provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary
treatment team, and participates in performance improvement and
other activities.What you bring to the table:Education for
- A MD or DO from an accredited university.Experience for
- At least one (1) year experience in clinical psychiatry or have
completed a Psychiatric residency.Licenses/Certifications for
- Licensed in the state of practice. Board certified or eligible
in psychiatry.What you will do:
- Completes an initial psychiatric assessment within 24 hours of
admission. Completes a comprehensive treatment plan within
deadlines. Develops, reviews, and updates individualized treatment
and discharge plans in conjunction with interdisciplinary treatment
- Treatment includes prescription of psychotropic drugs in
accordance, when applicable, with practice guidelines as well as
the use of other modalities. Follows up and monitors tests and
consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and
when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and
discharge readiness. Conducts rounds on the unit.
- Completes an annual psychiatric summary of treatment including
a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the
patient's admission. Completes all discharge summaries by the day
of discharge or within 30 days of patients discharge.
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's
medical record. Ensures quality and legibility of orders and
- Supervises the overall medical care received by the patients,
reviews and oversees the treatment plan, leadership on the
multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff and
students, and clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Conducts admission and evaluation of all patients admitted to
the unit including psychiatric interviews, review of referral
materials and request additional investigative data as indicated.
The psychiatrist's initial assessment includes a comprehensive
psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for
movement disorders and formulation of the patients' capacity to
consent. The psychiatrist initiates treatment with psychotropic
medicines and other available modalities in accordance with
- Takes appropriate steps to insure early detection of patients'
competency and readiness for discharge. Provides timely and
complete reports to the court. As a team member makes efforts
toward the achievement of the facilities goals of 20 discharges per
month. Effectively prescribes and monitors psychotropic medications
aimed at reducing psychiatric symptoms, restoration of competence
and community discharge.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as
an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when
providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!