Psychiatrist - Mental Health Chief of Staff Needed in Pembroke Pines, FL (Physician )
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Other opening in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Here at Wellpath,
everything that we do is about taking care of people - our
patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a
difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in
challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team
thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by
education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the
way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right
The Psychiatrist - Chief of Staff assumes responsibility for the
admission, continuing care, and discharge of Persons Served (P/S).
The position provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary
treatment team, and participates in hospital-wide performance
improvement and other activities. Twenty-percent of time is spent
providing administrative functions.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus paid within 30 days of start date Apply
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Osteopathic Doctor (DO) from an
- Experience in treating psychiatric disorders.
- Experience in acute care and/or institutional setting
- Skilled in organization, supervision, and state of the art
- Licensed or licensable in the state of employment. Board
certified or eligible in psychiatry. Responsibilities
- Admission and assessment of P/S served with psychiatric
disorders. Includes admission comprehensive evaluations, mental
status examination, assessment for movement disorders using the
DISCUS, general medical assessment as it applies to the psychiatric
exam, assessments for court including certification and all
associated documentation according to the Baker Act, reassessments
- Treatment of P/S with psychiatric disorders. Includes
prescription of medications generally following practice
guidelines, psychotherapy (group, individual, and family as
warranted), order and provide consultations as needed, follow-up
and monitoring of tests and consultations, provide education on
diagnosis, medications and other aspects of treatment to patients
and their families, associated documentation, determination of
discharge readiness, chemical dependency and alcohol dependency
treatment, on-call responsibilities.
- Includes the overall supervision of the medical care received
by the P/S, review and oversight of the treatment plan, leadership
on the multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff
and students, clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Includes participation in performance improvement activities.
Medical Staff Organization (MSO), hospital-wide committees and Task
Forces, collaborates and communicates with staff in other
disciplines in an effective and professional manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special
precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with
finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats P/S as an
individual, and considers the culture of the P/S when providing
care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of P/S of
different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is
consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental
needs of each P/S.
- Continues professional development through in-service
education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to
maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct Standards.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Psychiatrist - Mental Health Chief of Staff Needed in Pembroke Pines, FL (Physician ), Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!