In-Patient Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN South Broward, FL - Dialysis
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 19, 2022
In-Patient Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN South Broward, FL10970
Pines BlvdSte 70, Pembroke Pines, Florida, 33334, United States of
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to
patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work
autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot,
and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven't considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we
think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
* Use your critical care thinking skills. Whether this is the first
or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in
educating our patients and families. You'll be able to leverage
your nursing skills for patients who are often dealing with
multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require
unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of
nursing skills and knowledge.
* Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care
across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal
replacement and apheresis.
* Autonomy in a hospital setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a
particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral
part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you
work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess,
troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our
Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
* Dynamic environment. No two days are ever the same for an acute
dialysis nurse. You'll work within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU,
ER and more), and you'll be able to keep learning new nursing
skills on top of dialysis.
* Schedule: Provide emergent, lifesaving care during on call
shifts. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to
know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may
change depending on patient needs. Must be in commutable distance
based on on-call requirements.
* The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider,
DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care,
providing care in line with the highest industry standards
according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit
to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and
quality improvement initiatives.
Some additional details about this position:
* Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a
class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
* Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
* You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
* Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime
required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are
* Work long days without notice
* Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be
sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this
* Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations
* Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large
hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no
* Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
* Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic
* Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical
Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend
who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or send us a message on
our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates
to what matters most including:
* Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match,
paid time off, PTO cash out
* Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling
sessions, access Headspace--, backup child and elder care,
maternity/paternity leave and more
* Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust,
paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills.
The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
* Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is
committed to providing robust development and experiences for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
journey. We offer programs such as:
* THRIVE: Develops high-potential nurses, clinical coordinators and
clinic nurse managers into operational managers
* DSSL & SPARK - Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop
their supervisory and leadership skill set
* 100+ CEU courses at no cost
* Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for
career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows
you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths
on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on
Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second.
We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, Pembroke Pines , In-Patient Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN South Broward, FL - Dialysis, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!