Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 18, 2022
We're unique. You should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth demonstrates
accountability for outcomes, strong clinical care and
cost-effectiveness for each patient in their panel of up to 600
patients. The incumbent in this role understands their ability to
strongly influence the patient's outcomes by building a trusting
relationship and helping them change behaviors. He/She serves as a
health coach, rather than just a consultant for sickness, by
helping patients set short and long-term health goals. The PCP,
IntuneHealth partners with the patient to work toward the goals and
frequently follows up on those goals on the path to improved health
for their patients. This incumbent simplifies and prioritizes
appropriately so that behavior change is more actionable, both for
the patient in helping them achieve their goals, and when leading
their care teams towards their performance goals.
"IntuneHealth is for Medicare Advantage seniors seeking PCP-led,
high-quality care when and where they need it. Grounded in
ChenMed's proven care delivery model, IntuneHealth will
revolutionize the way seniors experience healthcare by delivering
digital-first, seamless care to seniors on their terms."
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently provides care for patients with acute and chronic
illnesses encountered in the older adult patient.
- Takes full accountability for patient care and outcomes and
appropriately seeks consultation from specialists when needed.
Stays involved in, and is responsible for, the detailed care of the
- Works closely with the applicable managers and medical
directors to ensure compliance with guidelines. Participates in
risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other
meetings that promote patient health and company goals as
- Engages with the hospitalist whenever one of their patients is
in the hospital.
- Assesses, diagnoses, documents, treats, manages, educates,
promotes and coordinates care for patients with acute and complex
chronic health needs.
- Adheres to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of
performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance
and policies and procedures.
- Leads a care team consisting of multiple care roles to deliver
VIP patient care and work towards targets and metrics.
- Delivers the same patient care experience through all mediums:
in-center visitation, in-home paramedic facilitated visitation and
- Participates in the management of the center. Helps cover for
other providers in their absence. Actively participate in
recruiting patients for the center and additional providers for the
- Champions a positive culture of love, accountability and
passion along with center leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional business acumen and acuity
- Expert knowledge and understanding of general
physician/provider patient care functions, practices, processes,
procedures, techniques and methods
- Ability and willingness to be available and accessible for
patients to build trust. Expected to be open and available for
walk-in visits and after-hours phone calls and messages
- Exhibits an orientation towards service. Provides care that
they would want for a family member or for themselves to each
patient at every interaction.
- Stays current on evidence-based medicine, clinical,
nutritional, and lifestyle-based interventions to improve outcomes.
Recognizes that factors outside of traditional medicine, like
lifestyle and nutrition have a large impact on patient health
- Ability and willingness to continuously work to develop and
improve leadership skills for the benefit of one's patients, their
team, their center and the company
- Ability and willingness to work with the care teams towards
achieving high quality outcomes and quality measures
- Stays current with best practices for improving their practice
of medicine and the operations of their center
- Ability to influence their patients, their teams, and
themselves to achieve the best outcomes competently and
- Strong self-care: A PCP can take the best care for their
patients when they are adequately caring for themselves. That means
physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. Physician wellness
is important for sustainability and promoting the health of
physicians, staff, and patients
- Demonstrates the ability to function both independently and in
collaboration with other health care professionals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally within are,
regionally and nationwide as needed up to 20% of the time; flexible
to work after hours or weekends as needed
- Spoken and written fluency in English; bilingual a plus
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- MD or DO in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or
similar specialty required
- Must be able to obtain a State Medical License or already have
a current, active State Medical License for the state(s) in which
he/she will be working
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine,
Geriatrics or similar specialty is preferred. Board Eligibility is
- Once Board certified, PCP will maintain board certification in
their specialty by doing necessary MOC, CME and/or retaking board
exams as required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled
Keywords: ChenMed, Pembroke Pines , Primary Care Physician, IntuneHealth, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!