RN - PCU - SR, Days, MHP: MHP - 3 South Telemetry - Telemetry PCU - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: March 19, 2023
RN - PCU - SR, Days, MHP: MHP - 3 South TelemetrySummary:
Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral, and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of the patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
* Other information:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience required.
* --- Department specific credentials - See below-@@ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required for those RN's administering chemotherapy.-@@Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU, Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.@@PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU.- if RN is coming from a non-pediatric background, they have 30 days from date of hire to obtain PALS.@@NRP certification required for NICU if RN is coming from a non NICU background, they have 30 days from date of hire to obtain NRP.@@Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D RN's must be completed prior to completion of job orientation.Newly licensed RNs have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS.Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
* Bending and Stooping 0.00%
* Climbing 0.00%
* Keyboard Entry 0.00%
* Kneeling 0.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 0.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 0.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 0.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 0.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 0.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 0.00%
* Reaching 0.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 0.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 0.00%
* Running 0.00%
* Sitting 0.00%
* Squatting 0.00%
* Standing 0.00%
* Walking 0.00%
* Audible Speech 0.00%
* Hearing Acuity 0.00%
* Smelling Acuity 0.00%
* Depth Perception 0.00%
* Distinguish Color 0.00%
* Seeing - Far 0.00%
* Seeing - Near 0.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 0.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 0.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 0.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 0.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 0.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 0.00%
* Dust 0.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 0.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 0.00%
* Hazardous Medication 0.00%
* Computer Monitor 0.00%
* Domestic Animals 0.00%
* Fire Risk 0.00%
* Heating Devices 0.00%
* Magnetic Fields 0.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 0.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 0.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 0.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 0.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 0.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
* Emergency Care
* Hernia Repair
* Stroke Treatment
* Wound Care
* 24/7 Care Center
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
RN - PCU - SR, Days, MHP: MHP - 3 South TelemetrySummary:
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Pembroke Pines , RN - PCU - SR, Days, MHP: MHP - 3 South Telemetry - Telemetry PCU - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
here to apply!