RN - Specialty II: MHW - 3 Central Gen Oncology - Oncology
Company: Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 27, 2023
RN - Specialty II: MHW - 3 Central Gen OncologySummary:
Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral, and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
* Evaluates learning needs of the patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
* Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
* DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
* Accredited Program
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
* ACLS Certification
Education equivalent experience:
* Other information:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience.
* --- Department specific credentials - See below- ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required for those RN's administering chemotherapy.- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU, Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.- PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU. Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D RN's must be completed prior to completion of job orientation. Newly licensed RNs have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS. NRP certification required for NICU if RN is coming from a non NICU background, they have 30 days from date of hire to obtain NRP. Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Climbing 40.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Running 40.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Smelling Acuity 40.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 80.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Fire Risk 40.00%
* Heating Devices 40.00%
* Magnetic Fields 40.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
* Medical and Surgical Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
* Memorial Cancer Institute
* Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
* Memorial Neuroscience Institute
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
* Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
* The Family Birthplace
* Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
RN - Specialty II: MHW - 3 Central Gen OncologySummary:
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Pembroke Pines , RN - Specialty II: MHW - 3 Central Gen Oncology - Oncology, Healthcare , Pembroke Pines, Florida
here to apply!