Retail Clerk- Flamingo
Company: Guest Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
GREAT PEOPLE - GREAT BENEFITS - JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Flamingo Adventures, located within The Everglades National Park,
is now hiring Retail Clerks for year round or seasonal
We operate 2 large campgrounds, Eco Tents, and a full-service
Marina. We have a new Lodge and Restaurant to opening soon that
will add even more jobs in Food & Beverage and Lodging.
We have RV sites with full hookups for $20 per week and dorm style
housing for $40 per week. Sorry, space is very limited. You must
work here and be available for full-time hours to live on
Pay: $11.00/hour. Year round team members will also be eligible for
benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, and
We offer FREE RENT in the summer months! You must work here and be
available for full-time hours to live on property.
Our team members enjoy free and/or discounted bicycle, kayak, and
boat rentals, food discounts, and free boat tours.
Popular onsite activities include kayaking, canoeing, boating,
fishing, hiking, bike riding, and camping. We are also located
within a reasonable driving distance from the Florida Keys, Fort
Lauderdale, and Miami beaches and nightlife!
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for assisting customers
in making purchases. The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for
merchandising and display, receiving money from and disbursing
money to customers, and maintaining a high level of customer
service at all times.
* Smile and greet customers entering unit; answer customers'
questions, and provide information on company products, promotions,
and policies. Thank each customer.
* Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of
merchandise to customers.
* Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on
customer needs and desires.
* Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process
cash or credit payment.
* Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers
* Maintain cash register and contents within.
* Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain
sales area with various supplies and products.
* Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the retail operation.
* Turn in cash drawer and sales reconciliation at shifts' end.
* Assisting with special events.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately
to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D.
* Mathematic Skills.
* Interest and knowledge in Washington, DC's landmarks, monuments
and memorials preferred.
* Excellent sanitation habits.
* Professional appearance.
* Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest
standard of service.
* Ability to pass cash handling training.
* Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem
has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15
lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
* Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor/outdoor
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
* Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in a sometimes fast paced environment.
* Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
* Ability to stand for the entire work day.
* Knowledge of cash register/computer used in unit.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Guest Services, Inc., Pembroke Pines , Retail Clerk- Flamingo, Hospitality & Tourism , Ochopee, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!