Food Service Assistant PT
Company: WestCare Foundation
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Food Service Assistant PT Job DetailsJob LocationPembroke Pines
- 1633 Poinciana Drive - Pembroke Pines, FL Position TypePart Time
Education LevelHigh School Salary Range$15.30 Hourly SUMMARY:Test
cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure
palatability and flavor conformity. Schedule and receive food and
beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify
product quality and quantity. Investigate and resolve complaints
regarding food quality, service, or accommodations. Monitor food
preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation
of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in
an acceptable manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:include
the following, as well as performance of other work related duties
- Review menus and analyze recipes in order to determine labor
and overhead costs
- Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of
guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such
as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements
with other departments.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to
determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding
sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel in order to ensure
economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding
food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging
and dining facilities.
- Responsible for supervision of consumers assigned to kitchen
"job function"; providing guidance and direction to
consumers/staff, including setting performance standards and
monitoring performance.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Requires a
minimum of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
(G.E.D.).Associates or Bachelor's degree program in Food Science,
Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management
preferred.Must have 2 to 3 years experience culinary experience or
in an intuitional food service setting.Per Florida State
Regulations, must be at least 21 years of age. Must be dependable
and have ability to follow directions, work cooperatively with
others and provide minimum levels of supervision.During your tenure
with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not
limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal,
and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this
occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform
you.WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Drug Free Work Place Employer.
Employment at WestCare is contingent upon successful completion of
a pre-employment drug test, pre-employment physical and criminal
Keywords: WestCare Foundation, Pembroke Pines , Food Service Assistant PT, Hospitality & Tourism , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!