Human Resources Specialist
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Human Resources Specialist,
under limited supervision, provides para-professional
administrative support in functional areas of Human Resources which
includes recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee
relations, regulatory reporting requirements, benefits
administration and other areas as needed. A wide degree of
creativity and latitude is expected in order to perform the
essential functions of this position.QualificationsEducation:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor Degree is preferredExperience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in Human
Resources or an equivalent combination of related work experience
and education required
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Human Resources
concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug
- Experience working with an in-house HR Information System
- Professional in Human Resources or similar certification is
- Knowledgeable regarding HR policies and procedures. Assists
employees as needed regarding policies.
- Facilitates new employee orientation as needed.
- Resolves employee personnel inquiries and submits necessary
inputs, changes, additions and deletions into the HRIS system for
correction. Refers unusual or unresolved problems to local
management for resolution.
- Maintains records of personnel transactions such as new hires,
promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other
related personnel and payroll issues.
- May attend unemployment hearings as the human resources
- Responds to unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Coordinates worker's compensation claims for employees and for
the insurance carriers.
- Schedules physician appointments for injured staff as needed
and ensure Workers Compensation Reports are received from the
managers in a timely manner.
- Coordinates FMLA for the facility staff. Tracks and ensures
information is received/sent in a timely manner.
- May lead and direct the work flow of others as needed.
- Assists employees with benefits questions or refers them
- Prepares routine and special reports by conducting necessary
analysis to trends and identifying problem areas where the margin
for error is small and level of importance is high (i.e. tracking
information for workers compensation, staff injures, FMLA,
terminations, new hires, etc.)
- Acts as backup for HR Assistant as needed in all aspects of the
HR Assistant function.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!