Company: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Purpose of Your
The primary purpose of your position is to plan, organize, develop,
and direct all in-service educational programs throughout the
Facility in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed
by the Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality
resident care can be maintained at all times.
Delegation of Authority
As Staff Developer you are delegated the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or is an essential
function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, direct, evaluate, and coordinate educational and
on-the-job training programs.
- Incorporate commercially produced instruction material and
training aids into existing in-service programs as deemed
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of
the in-service educational programs of the Facility.
- Develop, evaluate, and control the quality of in-service
educational programs in accordance with established policies and
- Secure, develop, and maintain records, reports, instructional
manuals, reference materials, etc., pertinent to in-service
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing
necessary forms, reports, class attendance and subject records,
- Make written and oral reports and recommendations to the
Administrator concerning in-service training programs.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of
directing the in-service educational programs.
- Assist department directors in obtaining and scheduling of
speakers to present in-service training programs.
- Ensure that in-service training classrooms or areas are
properly prepared before training classes begin and cleaned
properly at the end of each session.
- Delegate authority, responsibility, and accountability to other
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be
- Assist in developing and implementing a quality assurance
program for in-service training.
- Develop, direct, and schedule refresher training, as necessary,
for assigned staff and licensed professional personnel.
- Remain current on new developments by attending professional
institutions, reading professional journals, and attending
- Attend and participate in your professional associations
activities and programs, etc., to assure that you keep abreast of
current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional
standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and
procedures to the administrator.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and
scheduling of orientation programs that orient newly hired
personnel to their position, the Facility's policies and
procedures, resident rights and responsibilities, etc.
- Assist licensed nursing personnel (i.e., RNs, LPNs, and
CNAs/GNAs) in obtaining in-service training to keep their license
current in accordance with state law. Provide in-service training,
as necessary or required.
- Ensure that all personnel attend and participate in annual
Facility in-service training programs (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse
Prevention, Safety, Infection Control, Fire and Disaster
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as
assigned or that may become necessary.
- Assist in the development of the in-service training
- Ensure that copies of lesson plans, instructor's
qualifications, etc., are filed in accordance with the Facility's
policies and procedures.
- Serve on various committees of the Facility as required by
existing regulations and as appointed by the
- Meet with department supervisors, on a regularly scheduled
basis, and solicit advice concerning their training needs, and
assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the
improvement of services.
- Develop and direct orientation programs for all personnel, in
accordance with our established policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular or special in-service training sessions for
staff to ensure they remain current on new procedures, changes in
- Coordinate in-service activities and programs with all
departments in accordance with established policies and
- Encourage personnel to get involved in planning programs,
trying new ideas, etc., to enhance our educational in-service
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations in accordance with
the Facility's policies and procedures.
- Ensure that individual employee training records are maintained
and filed in the employee's personnel record.
- Schedule in-service training programs according to the needs of
- Post notices of in-service training classes in accordance with
the Facility's policies and procedures.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Direct the preparation, scheduling, and selection of
instructional material, equipment and training aids, to ensure that
a modern, meaningful in-service program is provided.
- Ensure that required serviceable equipment and knowledgeable
operators are available to present special in-service material as
- Recommend to the Administrator the equipment and supply needs
of the department.
- Resident Rights
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make
a written and oral report to the Nurse Supervisor, LPN, or RN.
Follow Facility's established procedures.
- Maintain a written record of the resident's complaints and/or
grievances that indicates the action taken to resolve the complaint
and the current status of the complaint.
- Report all allegations of resident abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property.
- Must adhere to all HIPAA requirements.
- Works in office areas, training rooms, resident rooms, exam
rooms, etc., as necessary.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs
designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, as well
as to maintain your license on a current status.
- Position may require out-of-town travel.
- Communicates with department directors to determine
departmental training needs.
Must possess, at a minimum an Associates Degree.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in a Staff
- Must have experience in supervision and principles, practice of
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
Must possess the ability to plan and develop new programs.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without a Reasonable Accommodation)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the Facility, which may include a medical and physical
- Based on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's
Guidelines for Nursing Homes Ergonomics for the Prevention of
Musculoskeletal Disorders and the American Conference Governmental
Industrial Hygienists' Threshold Limit Values for Lifting the
Facility has identified that this job may require the lifting of
residents, equipment, or other objects. Accordingly, this job may
require a minimum of 5 pounds and a maximum of 25 pounds lifting,
periodically and or as needed.
Keywords: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Pembroke Pines , Staff Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...