Railroad Track Foreman
Company: United States Sugar Corp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Clewiston, FL
Midway between West Palm Beach (east) and Fort Myers (west). A town
where you are truly able to enjoy the outdoor activities: fishing,
hunting, biking, hiking.
Hourly Rate: $28.30
We offer a package of benefits that goes beyond competitive
after 90 days of employment!
Relocation Allowance Available!
Position requires a safe-minded individual who is able to work
efficiently, independently, and well with others. This candidate
will direct and manage daily activities of RR MOW employees related
to all duties involved with the construction, maintenance,
inspection, and repair of SCFE railroad tracks as well as ensure
compliance with FRA safety regulations, processes and procedures.
Furthermore, this candidate will be responsible for determining
priorities, and assign MOW workforce accordingly for safe
operation, repair and maintenance of the SCFE railroad and
right-of-way. Equally important, complete and process required
documentation whether written or within computerized maintenance
system (SAP) as well as other duties and/or responsibilities as
directed by management.
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests
designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude
and/or other interests, skills and characteristics
- Minimum five (5) years previous railroad track experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills which respects
the value each employee brings to SCFE.
- Ability to perform job functions such as:
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of
the job such as heavy lifting, bending, walking and climbing
- Operate and perform minor maintenance and assist in repairs on
tampers, ballast regulator, tie inserters, spiker, spike-puller,
auto-lift, backhoe and other related equipment in Railroad
Maintenance of Way, as necessary
- Troubleshoot maintenance and repair of track components such
as: frogs, switches, crossing, bridges, track and equipment
pertaining to Railroad Maintenance of Way as well as apply best
practices as illustrated in Track Safety Standards.
- Use and read tape measure and various measuring
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations pertaining to the
- Ability to read, speak and write in English.
- Must have knowledge of track structure and components, and how
- Must have knowledge of railroad and MOW track principles,
methods, techniques, and tools used in track repair and
- Must have the basic working ability utilizing
desktop/laptop/thin client computers in Microsoft Excel, Word,
Outlook, etc. and other computer programs
- Must be able to maintain detailed records of maintenance
activities including the use of a computerized maintenance
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work with others and/or
alone with minimum supervision.
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively communicate
information pertaining to the job.
- Ability to coordinate work and effectively communicate with
- Ability to supervise and train personnel, directing them to
accomplish specific tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to work anywhere within the company in variable/extreme
- Ability to follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures
pertaining to the area.
- Ability to work the posted schedule and overtime as necessary
including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Disciplinary action and work history.
- Have a valid drivers license CDL Class A license with a Trailer
- Must successfully complete any required orientation, training,
and continuing education courses including the following:
- Track Safety Standards
- Roadway Worker Protection Rules
- Railroad Operating Rules
Working Conditions and Physical
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works and
drives in outside weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Work outside in all weather conditions:
Working conditions may be rainy, hot, humid, dusty, foggy etc.
depending on the weather and may be at night time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Duties of this job are also performed in an office and shop
- Employee is also required to drive a vehicle for extended time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit.
- Provide physical labor to place crossties, tie plates, track
spikes, angle bars, and turnouts.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands
to handle and/or move various objects, tools and/or controls, reach
with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk, hear, and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Visibility must extend to 62 and
- This position is required to be on-call which could happen at
night where job tasks and operating equipment must be
- Ability to operate and use all on-track equipment necessary and
use common office equipment.
- Ability to move or handle various items generally weighing
between 0-75 pounds. Ability to lift and carry up to 75
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees
will be expected to follow any other instructions, and perform any
other duties, as may be required by supervision.
Keywords: United States Sugar Corp, Pembroke Pines , Railroad Track Foreman, Other , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!