Roving Operator Mechanic
Company: U.S. Sugar Corp.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Summary: Reporting to the Team Leader, this is a
shift-work position with periodic overtime and recall requirements,
including nights, weekends, and holidays, working independently and
with minimal supervision, safely and efficiently troubleshoot,
maintenance, repair and/or install refractory and related boiler
equipment to ensure a continuous supply of boiler fuel and steam
transfer, including conducting scheduled maintenance inspections,
breakdowns, and cleanouts.
- Essential Duties:
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations
relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions,
safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related
to the position.
- Operate forklift, manlift, and other heavy equipment as needed,
using both feet and hands to manipulate applicable foot and hand
controls simultaneously. Provide relief for operators when
- Use a radio to verbally communicate with Power Plant staff,
take and receive directions from Team Leader, CCR Operator, and/or
Roving Operator Assistant.
- Inspect, maintenance, lubricate, repair, breakdown, clean up,
and/or install boiler and boiler components, scrubbers, furnaces,
motors, drives, bearings, electronic magnets, boilers, valves,
pumps, conveyor systems, hydraulics, turbines, gear boxes, fans,
feed water pumps, and align couplings, sprockets, sheaves, and
other equipment. Document maintenance using CMMS.
- Read blueprints and layout work, use oxygen/acetylene torch and
other mechanic tools, consult operating and maintenance manuals,
use and read various precision measuring instruments such as tape
measures, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Monitor boiler chemistry, analyze data and ensure boilers are
supplied with an adequate supply of properly mixed chemicals.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised
platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging
procedures, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the
Keywords: U.S. Sugar Corp., Pembroke Pines , Roving Operator Mechanic, Other , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!