Company: UFC Gym
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 3, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: The UFC GYM/FIT Program Manager (PM) is
responsible for the growth and success of the Group Class programs
within the club they oversee. The goal of this position is to grow
and retain member participation and enhance member experience at
the gym. The Program Managers are required to manage all aspects of
programming including but not limited to scheduling, ensuring
instructor/class quality, budgeting, hiring, providing
coaches/instructors with feedback, and determining equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaboration,creation, and maintenance of class schedules for
all group classes.
- Quarterly schedule updates.
- Attendance tracking and review.
- Lead coaching upskill workshops.
- Class coverage - temporary and permanent.
- Attend all meetings - Programming team, 1:1, club team.
- Build relationships with club team members.
- Equipment requests and repairs monthly.
- Payroll reconciliation.
- Daily social media posting.
- Quarterly review of competition (schedules, onsite.)
- Collaborate regularly with PD on improvement of
- Take/Pass UFC GYM/FIT internal Coaches certification
- Personal training strongly preferred
- Support club programs on best FIT (Format, Instructor,
- Support all classes in evaluation and quality control of
- Create, promote, and staff special events.
- Build long term member participation and retention.
- Attend conference calls, meetings, continuing education classes
and conferences, as required.
- Payroll reconciliation for all classes.
Develop Effective Programming
- Build a robust and balanced class schedule that appeals to the
club population, with a focus on innovative and in-demand
- Partner with club management and offer input regarding the
overall scheduling in each club.
- Maintain up-to-date schedule for all classes.
- Prepare and promote quarterly schedule updates.
- Increase year-over-year average class size and
- Timely reporting of all monthly KPI's.
Build and Develop of Team of Group Fit Instructors
- Hold quarterly talent searches for new Group Fit
- Follow audition expectations for all new hires; collaborate
with other department leads to assist in hiring process.
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage high quality Group Fit
Instructors for the club. Coach discipline and recommend
termination as needed.
- Communicate with instructors, either one-on-one or by group to
ensure alignment with company and/or club initiatives.
- Provide coaching feedback to instructors during Bi-annual
quality control evaluations of all Group Fitness Instructors.
Manage Group Fit Budget
- Operate the Group Fit program within established monthly labor
- Approve time punches and ensure consistent practice and
compliance of UFC GYM/FIT's Time and Attendance policies and
- Maintain clean, neat, and safe studios and ensure group
exercise equipment are well-maintained. Communicate any group
fitness equipment needs.
Group Fitness and Class Instruction
- Facilitating master classes for Group Fitness programming.
- Create and stay within Group Fitness budget.
- Hiring, evaluation and disciplinary action of Group Fitness
- Program Manager must teach a minimum of 7 classes per
- Successfully plan and roll-out company approved Group Fit
- Address and resolve group fit member concerns within 24-48
hours. Partner with club department leads as needed.
- Plan and successfully launch new formats (as approved by the
- Teach coaching skills masterclass (all departments.)
- Train coaches and instructors new internal Group Fit
- Deliver on strategic Programming department objectives.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Program Manager reports directly
to the Director of Programming with a dotted line to the in-club
Fitness Director. This position may interact with all levels of
management and staff within Corporate and Field offices, in the
clubs, and within the Group Fitness team.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Previous experience teaching group fitness classes.
- Able to build rapport and loyalty with club members.
- Able to lead and communicate performance expectations and
provide feedback to staff.
- Able to resolve member problems and concerns effectively and
- Able to work professionally, collaboratively, and
- Practical and technical knowledge of group fitness.
- Possess strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
Club Ready software.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current Group Fitness approved certification preferred.
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy
weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged
standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move
up to 45+ lbs.
Keywords: UFC Gym, Pembroke Pines , Program Manager, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!