Position Title: Medical Scribe
Department: Care Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs a variety of clerical but not limited to assist a
medical provider with fundamental patient care. Compliance with
care management requirements and HEDIS measures in an outpatient
examining room setting under the direction of a registered nurse
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Escort physician in order to document the events in the history
and physical exam, and document accurately to the physician
- List all symptoms and diagnosis including laboratory test,
medication orders, treatment etc.
- Document all procedures performs by physician.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording
medical history; confirming purpose of visit
- Performing post treatment physical tests: taking blood
pressure, body temperature; recording patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by
completing and safeguarding medical records.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional
standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effective
- Communicate effectively by phone, in person and in
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, including but not
limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and
- Participation on medical reviews, EMR updates and any
additional training in regards medical documentation
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Medical terminology
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and
improving patient flow
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required and at least
two (2) years of experience as a, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist
or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies:
Fluency in English and Spanish is required in order to
communicate effectively with our patient population.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software
applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee
is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the
phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit,
walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work
extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical
demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Work may involve some driving/traveling to assigned clinics.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign
schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.