Company: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center -
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your position is to perform the
day-to-day activities of the Environmental/Housekeeping Department
in accordance with current, federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations governing our Facility, and may be
directed by the Environmental Services Director and/or
Administrator, to assure that our Facility is maintained in a
clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Delegation of Authority
As Housekeeping Aide you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions
of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related or is an
essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely
- Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor no matter
how minor they may be. (NOTE: Such occurrences
must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services
when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living
and/or recreational areas.
- Must adhere to all HIPAA requirements.
- Participate and assist in department meetings, studies, and
projects, as directed.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes,
on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or as
- Attend and participate in annual Facility in-service training
programs as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention,
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow established fire safety policies and procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back
brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, comfortable, and attractive manner.
- Keep work assignment areas free of hazardous objects such as
protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies,
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants,
and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturers
instructions when necessary.
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your
- Ensure that established infection control and universal
precautions practices are maintained when performing
- housekeeping procedures.
- Participate in appropriate in-service training program prior to
performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body
fluids, or hazardous chemicals.
- Report missing or improperly labeled containers of hazardous
chemicals to your supervision.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when
handling infectious materials and/or hazardous wastes or
- Follow established hand-washing procedures.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established
- Follow established policies governing the use or disposal of
personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious
- Coordinate routine and terminal isolation procedures with
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to
perform daily tasks is maintained in utility and janitorial
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights,
fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as
soon as practical.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed or requested.
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as necessary or
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end
of the shift.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work
- Empty and sanitize ashtrays daily. (NOTE: Ashtrays must be
emptied into appropriate metal containers with self-closing cover
- Clean and polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating or
cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc.,
daily as instructed.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure
that watermarks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows and mirrors in resident rooms, recreational
areas, bathrooms, and entrance or exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp or wet
mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE:
Ensure that appropriate caution and safety signs are properly set
up prior to performing such duties.)
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing,
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using
proper cleaning or disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Turn in all found articles to your supervisor.
- Works in all areas of the Facility.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies or personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Communicates with housekeeping personnel and other department
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
Not applicable. On-the-job training provided.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to
follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.,
and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas, must perform
regular inspections of resident rooms or units for sanitation,
order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping
practices. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting
solutions, etc. Must be able to relate information concerning a
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without a Reasonable
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that
will enable these senses to function adequately so that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the Facility, which may include a medical and physical
- Based on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's
Guidelines for Nursing Homes Ergonomics for the Prevention of
Musculoskeletal Disorders and the American Conference Governmental
Industrial Hygienists' Threshold Limit Values for Lifting the
Facility has identified that this job may require the lifting of
residents, equipment, or other objects. Accordingly, this job may
require a minimum of 5 pounds and a maximum of 35 pounds lifting,
periodically and or as needed.
Keywords: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Pembroke Pines , Housekeeping Aide, Other , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!