Packaging - Team Leader II
Company: U.S. Sugar Corp.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Summary: Supervise the daily operations of the
Packaging Department, Packaging Warehouse, Bulk Loading and
Screening Tower Areas. Responsible to plan and conduct independent
work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application
and adaptation of packaging, bulk loading, and mechanical
maintenance techniques, procedures and criteria.
- This position requires shift work, including recall and
mandatory overtime for stoppages
- Abide by and enforce all Company policies outlined in the
Employee Handbook and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining
- Demonstrate adherence to all safety regulations and proper use
of related industrial and food safety equipment and tools of the
- Regularly verify raw and packaged inventory manually, compare
to computerized supply chain management, and solve discrepancies.
Determine need to alter packaging schedule based on inventory
level, available manpower and machinery, warehouse limitations, and
implement alternate schedule.
- Conduct daily safety meetings at the start of each shift,
assign personnel to schedules, and supervise work assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and
instrument, and personnel stoppages.
- Demonstrate ability to identify predictive maintenance
patterns, and schedule all preventative/reactive maintenance with
consideration to available sugar inventory and order requests in
order to maximize production. Required to maintain detailed records
of maintenance activities including the use of a computerized
maintenance management system, and coordination with outside
departments for advanced maintenance.
- Manage the Quality Control (QC) process by routinely reviewing
QC reports at each work station, performing independent QC tests,
compiling QC reports, and forwarding/reporting all to the QC/QA
- Manage bulk loading and screening tower operations including,
but not limited to, bulk rail, bulk truck, and liquid tanker
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions
or certifications related to the position.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform the essential functions
of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to
perform all phases of the work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise, evaluate, train and
discipline Packaging workers across diverse job categories,
including, but not limited to, machine operators, mechanics,
equipment handlers, loaders, and laborers.
Keywords: U.S. Sugar Corp., Pembroke Pines , Packaging - Team Leader II, Other , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!