Company: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center -
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your position is to perform the
day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations governing our Facility, and as may be
directed by the Environmental Services Director and or the
Administrator, to assure that our Facility is maintained in a
clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and the an adequate supply of
linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the
Delegation of Authority
As Laundry Aide you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions
of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related or is an
essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely
- Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor no matter
how minor they may be. (Note: Such occurrences
must be reported on the shift in which they occur.)
- Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when
performing routine assignments in resident living areas.
- Must adhere to all HIPAA requirements.
- Participate and assist in department meetings, studies, and
projects, as directed.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes,
on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or as
- Attend and participate in annual Facility in-service training
programs as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention,
Safety and Sanitation
- Follow established fire safety policies and procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies when lifting or
moving heavy objects.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, and sanitary manner.
- Keep work assignment areas free of hazardous objects,
unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants,
and solutions used in the work area. Refer to material safety data
sheets (MSDSs) when necessary.
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your
- Ensure that established infection control and universal
precautions practices are maintained when performing laundry
- Participate in an in-service training program prior to
performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body
fluids, or hazardous chemicals.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when
handling infectious materials.
- Discard sharps into designated containers.
- Follow established hand-washing procedures.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established
- Follow established policies governing the use and disposal of
personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious
- Coordinate isolation procedures with nursing service.
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that an adequate supply of laundry and linen supplies is
maintained in laundry or linen closets to meet the daily needs of
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Keep work area(s) free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills,
excess laundry carts, baskets, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
Environmental Services Director.
- Report all equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your
supervisor as soon as practical.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed, or requested.
- Clean work and supply carts, equipment, etc., as directed.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end
of the shift.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with established laundry
- Collect, sort, and weigh soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc.,
and place in appropriate containers or assigned areas.
- Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and separate those
items that require special stain removal or treatment.
- Sort, count, and wash soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., in
accordance with established procedures.
- Press or iron garments as instructed.
- Fold, count, stack, hang, and distribute clean laundry, linen,
garments, etc., to residents daily and/or as instructed.
- During emergency conditions, assure that clean laundry, linen,
garments, etc., are distributed to designated areas as
- Clean floors, including sweeping, dusting, and damp or wet
mopping. (Note: Assure that appropriate caution or safety signs are
properly set up prior to performing such duties.)
- Keep walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt dust, grease, film, etc., from equipment or floor
surfaces, using proper cleaning or disinfecting solutions.
- Discard waste and trash into proper containers and reline trash
receptacle with plastic liner.
- Turn in all found articles to your supervisor.
- Works in all areas of the Facility.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies or personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Communicates with laundry personnel and other Facility
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
Not applicable. On-the-job training provided.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to
follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.,
and maintain the appearance of laundry areas, for sanitation,
order, and safety.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing laundry
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning
the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions,
Physical and Sensory Requirements
(With or Without a Reasonable
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that
will enable these senses to function adequately so that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the Facility, which may include a medical and physical
- Based on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's
Guidelines for Nursing Homes Ergonomics for the Prevention of
Musculoskeletal Disorders and the American Conference Governmental
Industrial Hygienists' Threshold Limit Values for Lifting the
Facility has identified that this job may require the lifting of
residents, equipment, or other objects. Accordingly, this job may
require a minimum of 5 pounds and a maximum of 35 pounds lifting,
periodically and or as needed.
Keywords: Clewiston Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Pembroke Pines , Laundry Aide, Other , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!