Representative - Patient Financial Svcs: Radiation Oncology
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Performs access functions for all patients presenting for
- Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical
information is obtained and entered with timeliness and
- Communicates with physician's and their staff, nursing unit
staff, and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains
pre-certification/authorization as necessary.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including but not
limited to co-pays and deductibles.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
- REVENUE CYCLE: Applies knowledge of organizational revenue
cycle to achieve key performance indicators.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality
and/or quantity standards.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various
audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
- ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
action. Ability to work and build relationships collaboratively.
Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
Required Work Experience: 1 year related experience.
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Keyboard Entry 100.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Reaching 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Sitting 80.00%
- Squatting 80.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Seeing - Far 80.00%
- Seeing - Near 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
- Hazardous Medication 60.00%
- Latex 60.00%
- Computer Monitor 100.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the
growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384
beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's
first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named
Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in
2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized
by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Representative - Patient Financial Svcs: Radiation Oncology, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!