Medical Technologist- Blood Bank, FT-Eves, $5k Sign on Bonus, MHW: Laboratory - Blood Bank
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more
sections of the laboratory. May mentor students and/or new
- Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and
reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and
references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical
staff as needed.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- SPECIMEN HANDLING, ACCESSIONING, AND PROCESSING: Receives,
accessions, and processes specimens.
- EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE - LAB: Performs maintenance procedures on
equipment and analyzers.
- ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality
and/or quantity standards.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes
and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical
standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and
- Clinical Lab Technologist License - FL
- Clinical Lab Supervisor License - FL
Education equivalent experience:
- As required by Florida state licensure.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 20.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Squatting 40.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Smelling Acuity 40.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Seeing - Far 60.00%
- Seeing - Near 60.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
- Dust 40.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
- Latex 20.00%
- Computer Monitor 60.00%
- Fire Risk 40.00%
- Hazardous Noise 20.00%
- Heating Devices 60.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
- Radiation 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the
growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384
beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's
first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named
Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in
2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized
by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Medical Technologist- Blood Bank, FT-Eves, $5k Sign on Bonus, MHW: Laboratory - Blood Bank, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!