Physical Therapy Assistant, SR- Days, MHW IP: Inpatient Rehabilitation
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, provides physical
- Implements treatment plan developed by supervising therapist
using appropriate modalities. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's responses to the treatment plan. Regularly
communicates patient progress and recommends possible goal
revisions to the physical therapist.
- Communicates patient status and recommendations to care
- Documents services provided and patient response/progress.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient
deficits. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use
of adaptive equipment and community resource programs.
- Assists with patient discharge planning.
- May assume responsibility for student supervision.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the
standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by
demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence
by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests,
resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and
behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific
assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for
own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts
constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the
accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive
and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in
direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job
responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- DOCUMENTATION: Provides written/electronic record of details of
patient care as appropriate to position, certification and
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various
audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family
Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal
- CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical
standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and
- BLS Certification
- Physical Therapy Assistant License - FL
Education equivalent experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective
communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work
with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the
growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384
beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's
first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named
Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in
2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized
by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it
be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Physical Therapy Assistant, SR- Days, MHW IP: Inpatient Rehabilitation, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!