Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Dietary Aide works as a team member in the hospital's main
kitchen or satellite kitchen and works under the direction of the
Kitchen Supervisor or Dietary Aide Supervisor to portion out and
serve quality meals to the persons served and staff. Reports
pertinent information to the Supervisor for follow up.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior institutional or residential food service training is
helpful but not mandatory.
- At least one-year of employment history
- Must have successfully passed the HACCP
- Completes production records and temperatures for foods:
Production records are filled out for each meal and all food is
accounted for each shift. Ensures all special dietary needs are met
according to the menu. Ensures temperatures are logged for each
food item before leaving the main kitchen, and proper temperatures
are met and maintained to HACCP standards.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment: Follows weekly cleaning schedule
for all equipment and ensures equipment is in proper working order.
Reports any equipment repairs immediately to the Kitchen
- Has knowledge of proper food handling and HACCP procedures:
Ensures food is not left at improper temperatures, prevents cross
contamination of foods, and ensures a safe environment for the
patients and staff. Has completed HACCP workbook and passed
- Follows assigned diets per the menu and patients diet
- Follows proper sanitation practices such as daily cleaning and
proper storage. Ensures that temperature sheets are completed
daily, and empty boxes and trash are removed throughout shift. Also
follows the clean-as-you-go practice and is evident when kitchen is
- Meets the local Health Department standards on personal hygiene
(grooming) and adheres to the infection control policy on
- Cultural Competency - Is sensitive to cultural diversity
issues, treats patient as an individual, and considers the culture
of the patient when providing care and treatment.
- Age Specific Competency - Is knowledgeable about care and
treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides
individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive
to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Dietary Aide, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!