Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Staff Accountant is
responsible for the processing and payment of all invoices in
accordance with the hospital's established Accounts Payable
policies and procedures. Assists in month-end closing and submits
financial reports in a timely manner. Observes monthly physical
inventory of dietary supplies and maintains the vendor data
- Some related college coursework required; Bachelor's degree in
Accounting or related field preferred.Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- Analytical and with excellent communication and written
- Computer literate; knowledge of MS Office and A/P systems
- None required.Responsibilities
- Processes the payment of invoices in a timely manner. Reviews
invoices for accuracy, proper authorization and approval. Exercises
professional skepticism in the review of invoices for payment.
- Enters all approved invoices into Infinium by Thursday for
timely payment by Corporate. Provides A/P Corporate for copies of
vendor invoices upon request.
- Assists in month-end closing by preparing various schedules for
accrual. Prepares month-end reports for Medical, Food Services.
Repairs and Maintenance, Utilities, etc. Analyzes accounts for
significant variances and provides explanation of the
- Observes the monthly physical inventory of dietary supplies and
prepares month-end report.
- Maintains the vendor data base. Coordinates the requirements
for opening new vendors and performs sanction checks of new
- Coordinates the Accounts Payable functions with Purchasing and
- Maintains the petty cash fund. Ensures that all invoices paid
from the petty cash fund are authorized and approved.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Staff Accountant, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!