Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Security Officer provides
security activities within and around the property of the facility
as well as during off-site transports and at off-site locations
where residents/detainees are present.QualificationsEducation:
- High School diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be able to successfully complete the The Company Security
Officer Basic Training Program.Experience:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of
the State to the contrary.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor
involving perjury or a false statement, nor have received a
dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces
of the United States.
- Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or no
contest, or is found guilty of a felony or of a misdemeanor
involving perjury or a false statement shall not be eligible for
employment or appointment as an officer, notwithstanding suspension
of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Have his/her processed fingerprints on file with the employment
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician
based on specifications established by the Company.
- Have a good moral character as determined by a background
investigation under procedures established by the Company.
- Able to pass Background Check and Drug
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's
- Maintains security of an assigned post, being alert at all
times and taking necessary action to prevent escapes. Monitors
patient activities intervening as needed to control disruptive or
- Utilizes and at times, monitors and controls all communication
systems, surveillance systems and emergency signal systems,
including but not limited to; fire alarm and thermal detection
system, closed circuit television system (CCTV), computer
terminals, perimeter-alert system, public address (PA) system and
two-way radio system.
- Observes and monitors residents/detainees inside and outside of
the facility for hostile or breach of security and safety
behaviors, implementing necessary safety precautions.
- Responds to emergency calls, entering resident/detainee areas
to redirect residents/detainees, controls fights, prevent escapes
as well as assist treatment staff to prevent harm or injury from
violent residents /detainees utilizing authorized aggression
- Participates in searching resident's/detainee's areas for
contraband and other unauthorized items.
- Controls and monitors all individuals, staff;
residents/detainees, as well as visitors entering and leaving the
facility conducting searches and checking for proper identification
to ensure the utmost security and safety of the facility and its
- Routinely monitors and conducts inspections of the facility's
physical plant and grounds for escape risks and/or hazardous
- Searches for and returns residents/detainees who have escaped
or eloped from the facility.
- Monitors all vehicular traffic at the facility, checking for
proper identification and maintaining surveillance of parking areas
for compliance with established regulations.
- Provides off-site vehicular transportation for
residents/detainees who have appointments for medical treatment,
evaluations, court appearances, etc.
- Provides supervision as well as custody and control of
residents/detainees while they are outside the facility.
- May assist licensed nursing personnel in: Providing direct
services to assigned population including health data collection;
Conducting observations of resident/detainee behaviors and
activities of daily living; Assistance with resident's/detainee's
activities of daily living including prompting; Education and
support; Special assignments such as conducting face checks of
residents/detainees; Monitoring of internal hallways, walk-ways and
the internal campus area; Conducting one-on-one (1:1)
monitoring/supervision of residents/detainees; Providing for the
overall supervision of resident/detainee, groups and other direct
care duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic
communication and role recovery psychiatric rehabilitation
- Understands the organization's recovery based mission, vision
and values and how these guide practice.
- Intervenes in psychiatric emergencies using approved
techniques, including The Mandt System and/or the application of
authorized restraint and/or seclusion.
- Continues professional development via in-service education,
workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current
knowledge applicable to the position.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity issues, treats
all individuals (co-workers, residents/detainees, visitors, etc.)
with respect and dignity.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the unique demands of
providing care and treatment to residents/detainees of different
- Provides individualized care that is consistent with/sensitive
to the age and life span developmental needs of each
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Security Officer, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!