Medical Records Coordinator
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewOur Medical Records Coordinator
performs specialized functions that require detail-oriented skills
in quantitative analysis. The Medical Records Coordinator is
responsible for maintaining comprehensive and periodic reviews and
audits of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) for active and
discharged Persons Served, identifying technical errors and
potential legal/clinical issues and addressing each instance
- Associates degree in Health Information Manager or related
- Three (3) years of experience in hospital information
management of which one (1) year must be in record auditing
- Valid certification as a Registered Health Information
Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator
(RHIA) is preferredResponsibilities
- Completes quantitative reviews monthly to ensure that all
guidelines, accreditation and licensure requirements are being
- Ensures timely and appropriate response to properly authorized
requests for medical records, in accordance with facility policy,
state and HIPAA regulation. Maintains accurate documentation of
medical record disclosures.
- Participates as required in revisions of the electronic medical
- Assists the Business Office with proper coding for Medicare and
- Provides support for facility staff or outside auditors or
reviewers by facilitating access to the medical record and
providing information regarding the organization of the medical
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of activities, pertinent
issues, upcoming events and potential problems, assists hospital
staff courteously and professionally.
- Provides input and feedback to individuals of the
multidisciplinary team regarding documentation deficiencies in a
- Participates in accreditation and quality improvement
- Serves as the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer ensures
privacy and confidentiality of all medical records.
- Supervises the work of all Medical records staff. Recommends
actions including the hiring, disciplinary, or termination of
employees. Ensures that all employee relations activities are
handled effectively and in a timely manner. Completes and conducts
performance evaluations according to facility requirements.
Approves staff requests for time off.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Pembroke Pines , Medical Records Coordinator, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!