Medical Assistant - Floater (AssociatesMD)
Company: Bright Health
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the
belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in
healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a
superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe
every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be
Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can
live healthy, brighter lives - apply to join our team.
AssociatesMD, a part of NeueHealth, a Bright Health Group company
is seeking a Medical Assistant to be responsible for providing
professional care for patients under the supervision of the
physician or clinician. Assists the physician, clinician, and
general staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary
liaison between the patients, medical team, and staff.
- Records the patient's chief complaint and conducts the
following measures as part of the vitalization process:
- Height and weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure
- Respiration rate
- If applicable, blood glucose via a point-of-care check
- Oxygen saturation
- Pulse/Heart rate
- Assists the attending physician or clinician in the completion
of screening tools such as but not limited to:
- Care of Elderly Adults
- Risk of Fall
- Urinary Incontinence
- Interviews the patient during the vitalization process to
obtain the individual's medical and social history, past surgical
and inpatient episodes of care, and recording of medications taken.
The latter will include:
- Name of the medication
- Prescribed frequency of use
- Mode of administration
- Ensures the examination room is stocked with the necessary
supplies and materials for the administration of medical care. Will
prepare the examination room based on the scheduled medical service
and disinfects the examination room after each use and per
infection control procedures.
- Executes given orders from the attending physician or
clinician, which may include but are not limited to:
- Calling the patient to schedule follow-up care based on
diagnostic or procedural results.
- Performing laboratorial studies, point-of-care tests, and other
ancillary diagnostic procedures, which may include
electrocardiograms, wound care, ear lavages, and administration of
vaccines or injectable medications.
- Retrieval of pending diagnostic and or consultative
- Review at least a day in advance of all scheduled patients to
ensure orders have been completed, results obtained and
incorporated into the patient's chart, and the telephonic
completion of applicable screening tools.
- Communicates with patients and consented to family members with
respect and in a confidential manner.
- Assists administration in the inspection and maintenance of
medical equipment and supplies through programmatic monitors. The
inspections may include but are not limited to:
- Labeling and eliminating expired medications by pharmaceutical
- Monthly tests on the operability of the automated external
- Weekly tests on the functionality of the eye wash
- Daily inspection of the physical condition of the glucose meter
and the device's accuracy using a low and high-end solution for
each newly used test strip vial.
- Recording of the temperature of frozen and or refrigerated
medical supplies in the morning and afternoon of each day to ensure
the absence or immediate response to an excursion.
- Follows all organizational policies on safety and security;
maintains restricted areas by safeguarding keyless entry codes and
computer system passwords.
- Minimum Requirement of a High School Diploma.
- Three years' experience preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection
control, environmental safety, and patient
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting in an electronic medical
records (EHR) platform.
- Skills in the appropriate conduction of vitals, patient
interviewing, phlebotomy, and other ancillary services.
- Skills in the appropriate use of universal safety precautions
and maintaining patients' rights to privacy and
- Skills in health information management by appropriately
charting the patient's medical information in the EHR.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians,
clinicians, and general staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, family
members, and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, physicians,
clinicians, and general staff.
- Physician office and exam room environment.
- Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching,
bending, and lifting.
- May be requested to travel to additional clinical locations
based on staffing needs.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Must be able to use a variety of office equipment.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying files up to 20
- Bright Health is committed to following the federal government
guidelines for vaccination requirements, ensuring the safety of our
employees, and helping protect the people we serve. Certain
positions, including this position, require full vaccination
against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required) and were
allowable under the law unless approved for a reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief.
We're Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We are realizing a completely different healthcare experience where
payors, providers, doctors, and patients can all feel connected,
aligned and unified on the same team. By eradicating the frictions
of competing needs, we are making it possible to give everyone more
of what they want and deserve. We do this by:
Focusing on Consumers
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while
increasing transparency, for greater access and easier
Building on Alignment
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from
financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Powered by Technology
We employ our purpose built, integrated data platform to connect
clinical, financial, and social data, to deliver exceptional
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse
employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our
consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Bright Health, Pembroke Pines , Medical Assistant - Floater (AssociatesMD), Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!