Lead Day Custodian at Renaissance Charter School at Pines
Company: EduServe LLC
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Ensure existing facilities are kept clean, safe and well
maintained. Assist shift custodians by providing necessary on the
job familiarization to ensure that facilities are kept clean and
are well maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Custodian shall:
- Ensure that Day Custodian(s) and Night Custodian(s) are
performing their assigned duties.
- Inspect the quality of work performed by the Day Custodian(s)
and Night Custodian(s).
- Reports to their assigned Supervisor about the quality of
services performed by the Night Cleaning Service, Night
Custodian(s) and Day Custodian(s) in a frequent manner.
- Assists their Supervisor with Payroll and HR issues for the Day
Custodian(s) and Night Custodian(s) by communicating issues to
Facilities Supervisor for resolution.
- Clean assigned areas:
- Interior - Hallways, Restrooms, Offices, Classrooms,
Multi-purpose Room, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Exterior - Perimeter of school building, parking lot,
playground, windows, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Empty Trash from any and all trash receptacles.
- Dust FF E, window sills, air vents and any other area assigned
- Clean and sterilize restroom facilities.
- Clean up bodily messes including vomit, feces, urine and blood
in accordance with training
- Remove waste in cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with cleaning cafeteria tables.
- Keep cafeteria floors at an acceptable clean level.
- Sterilize all high use areas to reduce the spread of bacteria
and any other harmful agents.
- Assist Head Custodian, if applicable, with cleaning projects or
- Travel may be required to nearby schools or
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to
increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the
- Review current developments, literature and janitorial sources
of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Supervisor.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company
Facilities Supervisor I, II or III will assess employee
effectiveness annually with respect to the performance of specific
responsibilities in coordination with school administration and
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school
property if assigned by Supervisor
- Must stay on school property at all times. From beginning of
work day until the end of the day, including lunch.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break but the time of the lunch
period will be changed accordingly to the school's needs. All Lead
Custodians are required to report and assist with all emergency
situations as needed.
- No Lead Custodian is allowed to leave campus to run errands
(personally or for the school) without permission from their
Facilities Supervisor.**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of basic janitorial trades including the ability to
understand, communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Must be able to understand proper mixing and appropriate use of
custodial supplies and chemicals. Ability to perform low level
mathematical functions and calculations.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes,
and inspection processes.
- Strong time management organizational skills and the ability to
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office
software, ability to utilize time and material tracking
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements for the
- Must be able to perform the physical aspects of the job such as
climbing ladders; carrying items up to 50 pounds frequently and up
to 75 pounds occasionally; continuously walking or standing.TERMS
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and
benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole
right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any
employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department
will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including
- Education - minimum high school graduate with continuing
education construction or facilities related.
- Experience - A minimum of 3 years of janitorial trade
- Special Qualifications - Must possess the above knowledge,
skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge).
Keywords: EduServe LLC, Pembroke Pines , Lead Day Custodian at Renaissance Charter School at Pines, Other , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...