Supervisor, Electrical Controls
Company: United States Sugar Corp
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Why U.S. Sugar?Employees are our most valuable asset. When we
succeed, our employees succeed. Many have an ownership stake in our
privately held business through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan
(ESOP). As we grow, we hire new employees who are knowledgeable,
energetic and committed to keeping us on the cutting-edge of our
industry. We reward them with challenging work, opportunities to
learn and grow, competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package and a supportive work environment where safety is our top
priority.Job Summary: Oversee and supervise Electrical and
Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians. Reviews work orders to
determine priorities for the plant's E&I Work Center (process
- Issue job assignments to the (E&I) technicians. Ensure work
is completed to NEC code, specifications, on time and provide
support for continuous production of plant operations. * Serve as a
technical liaison for maintenance repairs and installations which
require the use of raceway, wiring, circuitry, or other
electrical/controls applications to ensure safe and efficient use
of the systems. * Ensure technicians are working in conformance
with applicable rules and regulations
- Staffing administrative support for vacation schedules, job
evaluation and employee performance reviews, wage adjustment
recommendations, disciplinary measures when necessary, etc.
- Participates in internal programs, such as technical and
- Inspect, repair, preventive maintenance of power distribution
equipment, 13.8 Kv, 4.16 Kv, 2.4 Kv, 480V, 240/120V systems.
Implement and monitor an "equipment testing program". Confirm
compliance with industry and company standards.
- Respond to plant operations equipment failures, repairs
required and assigning personnel.
- Provide equipment start-up planning and support.
- Installation and testing of new or upgraded electrical/control
systems for "Capital" projects, Preventive Maintenance and or
- Oversees and participates in the development and implementation
of power distribution systems, instrumentation and PLC systems.
Provide input to system feasibility, equipment specifications,
constructability and implement where appropriate.
- Tests new, older and upgraded electrical and control systems
for performance and train users on systems as necessary
- Review changes in technology, categorizes products, estimate
total installed costs and provide recommendations for potential
- Maintain viable records and files and prepare reports and
summaries of activities. Provide reports for Scheduling of work
orders and related estimated hours, manpower requirements plus
reporting percent complete.
- Document and maintain a preventative maintenance program for
electrical systems which include medium voltage switchgear, LV
switchgear and MCC's, instrumentation, PLC and ASI Controls
- High school degree min. (or equivalent)
- 10 years min. - related experience
- Experience working as an electrician and foreman
- Proficient use and knowledge of the NEC and NESC
- Supervise, train and promote good safety practices, PPE, Arc
Flash protection, etc.
- Past experience supervising an Electrical, Instrumentation and
Controls installation and maintenance crew
- Experience with 138Kv-13.8 Kv switchyards, substations and 13.8
Kv power lines - is a plus
- Experience with ASI Controls, Rockwell, "ControLogix" PLC's and
"DeviceNet" control systems - is a plus
- Provide written reports to management as required, i.e. tasks
scheduling, work order status, progress reports and manpower
- Good communications skills and coordination with plant
personnel, department managers, contractors and subcontractors.*
Conducts on-the-job training where required. * Determines work
methods and types of materials to be used on electrical maintenance
and upgrade projects.Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyUnited
States Sugar Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: United States Sugar Corp, Pembroke Pines , Supervisor, Electrical Controls, Professions , Clewiston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!