Company: Waste Management
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. - WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. - I. Job
Summary Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance
services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs compactors and
containers. - II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. - Other minor duties may be
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems as needed.
- Utilizes computer electronics systems to interpret failure
modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on compactor and container
repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork, documenting parts usage, and
accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications The
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required
- Experience: Two (2) -years of relevant work experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. - - C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. Work Environment Listed below are key points
regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the
job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently. - -
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
workday. Note: - The level of physical effort may vary from site to
site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. - As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! - Our
employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
- Please note that benefits may vary by site. If this sounds like
the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Pembroke Pines , Technician/CNG, Professions , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!