Company: South Florida ENT Associates
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Job Summary/Objective:Provides professional allergy vial
compounding following sterile mixing practices outlined by Chapter
797 guidelines. Maintains mixing room and antigen inventory as well
as supply ordering. Under the supervision of a physician, creates
allergy formulas for vial compounding, compounding testing and
mixing boards for all practice locations. Maintains electronic
medical record of allergy formulas and vial preparation.Essential
Job Functions:1. Performs patient support activities to assist
physicians and other health professionals in achieving positive
- Orders, mixes and maintains current supply of serum for allergy
- Mixes all antigens.
- Exam room equipment is checked for functionality.
- Prescribed treatment procedures are performed under the
direction of the physicians.2. Completes the necessary
documentation to assure compliance with SFENTA policy, regulatory
compliance and to maintain accuracy of patient medical records.
Coordinates activities to support effective office operations.
Establishes and maintains open lines of communication, both
internal and external, to effectively represent the care center.
- Encounter forms and lab requisitions are reviewed to ensure
appropriate procedures and diagnosis coding are completed for each
- Lab and ancillary documentation procedures are completed.
- Appropriate medical record documentation is maintained for each
- Insurance verification and schedule management of mixing
- Assistance with retrieval of patient information from
electronic data systems or other sources are performed as
- Patients are notified of physician orders when
- Telephone calls are received and responded to and, if
applicable, forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Patient inquiries are triaged and responded to or referred to
- Patients are informed of need/requirements; i.e. insurance
cards, identification, accident information
- Patients are notified when co-payments and deductibles are
required for allergy services
- Assists with other departments when requested.Required
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One year of related experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certification requiredAAP/EEO Statement
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities
to all individuals, employment decisions at SFENTA will be based on
qualifications and job related abilities. SFENTA does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law. SFENTA will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in undue
Keywords: South Florida ENT Associates, Pembroke Pines , Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Pembroke Pines, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!