Associate - Supply Chain Inventory: SOUTH - Central Service
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Responsible for functions associated with inventory control and distribution, maximizing quality, minimizing costs supporting goals within system supply chain objectives. This role will ensure the highest level of customer service, timely delivery and proper handling of medical/surgical supplies, medical equipment, emergency supplies and code carts, in accordance with professional and regulatory standards. Accountable for timely reconciliation of patient charges and credits.
* Accurately receives, picks, packs and stocks inventory materials and supplies to include preparation of procedural trays and carts to designated areas within the facility. Validates the process of perpetual inventory items, issues and credits materials from the inventory management system.
* Supports the overall workflow of supply chain inventory and distribution, by analyzing and troubleshooting automation process, Lawson, and handheld devices for functionality and accuracy.
* Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory while supporting accurate and established inventory levels. Generates orders/requisitions as needed. Identifies excess inventory and processes returns, when needed, for credit. Reviews and recommends inventory par level adjustments for management approval.
* Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care areas, while monitoring specific products to assure appropriate levels in order not to affect patient care.
* Maintains the integrity, labeling, stocking, and outdating of specialty carts and Pyxis supply cabinets.
* Collects, decontaminates, and processes durable medical equipment for circulation throughout the facility. Assures timely availability of safe patient care equipment.
* Performs scheduled quality assurance checks on various hospital equipment.
* Conducts physical inspections and performs all duties related to par-stock maintenance utilizing computer systems and software. Develops knowledge of medical supplies stocked within the department to include usage in treatment of patients. Acts as a liaison between clinical staff and Supply Chain Management department.
* Maintains the proper and appropriate professional and ethical relationships with external and internal customers. Provides the highest level of customer service.
* Participates in regular inventory for assigned areas.
* Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
* EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS (5): Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
* Other information:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of Supply Chain related experience preferred. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
* Bending and Stooping 80.00%
* Keyboard Entry 60.00%
* Kneeling 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 80.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 40.00%
* Squatting 80.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
* Hazardous Medication 60.00%
* Latex 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Extreme Heat/Cold 80.00%
* Fire Risk 60.00%
* Heating Devices 80.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 60.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 80.00%
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 89-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program, and more, to get patients "Back to Their MAX"
* Emergency Department
* Hospice Unit
* Laboratory Services
* Molecular Laboratory
* Podiatry Residency Program
* Surgical Services
* Women's Imaging Center
* Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
* Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an "A" Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Associate - Supply Chain Inventory: SOUTH - Central Service, Professions , Pembroke Pines, Florida
here to apply!