Technician - Sterile Processing with $1,000 Sign on Bonus: MHW - Central Sterile
Company: Memorial Healthcare System
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Receives, cleans, sterilizes and stores surgical instruments and equipment.
* Cleans, disinfects, decontaminates, and sterilizes surgical instruments and equipment using appropriate methods and substances.
* Performs and documents required quality assurance testing and inspections.
* Properly disposes of bio-hazardous substances, chemicals, medical waste, and supplies.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* EQUIPMENT STERILIZATION: Receives, sorts, decontaminates, cleans, examines and sterilizes surgical and medical items.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* HAND HYGIENE: Practices appropriate hand hygiene to impede spread of infection and disease.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: None required.
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 80.00%
* Sitting 40.00%
* Squatting 40.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 40.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Cytotoxic Chemicals 40.00%
* Dust 60.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 80.00%
* Latex 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Extreme Heat/Cold 60.00%
* Fire Risk 40.00%
* Hazardous Noise 80.00%
* Heating Devices 80.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West's many respected specialty programs include:
* Medical and Surgical Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
* Memorial Cancer Institute
* Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County's first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
* Memorial Neuroscience Institute
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
* Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
* The Family Birthplace
* Women's Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 - and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an "A" Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Keywords: Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines , Technician - Sterile Processing with $1,000 Sign on Bonus: MHW - Central Sterile, Professions , Pembroke Pines, Florida
here to apply!